10.17.2015

SERIOUS CONTOURING AND A GOOD COVERAGE


Hellooo!!! 

How is everybody doing?
Good, I hope.

Today I am going to be writing to you about my three new 'babies' at the moment:
-BORN THIS WAY absolute perfection foundation by Too Faced
-OLYMPIA contour blush by NARS
-ITA kabuki brush by NARS


The contour blush from Nars was a very urgent buy actually. I was looking for a good contouring kit with a very subtle and matte darker shade because as you know, I am blonde and very pale. And it's very hard to contour such pale skin without it looking absolutely ridiculous. As I had also heard a lot of lovely things about the Nars contouring kits, I was convinced that I was making the right choice.
The Olympia shade fits my skin perfectly as it's both matte and very light. You can also build it up for a darker and more serious contour.





Since I was going full out on my contouring, I decided that the perfect brush to go with it would be amazing. The Ita Kabuki brush is not news to anybody but I've just never had the chance on getting my hands on one. 
I find that the shape of the brush is perfect for creating stronger lines and giving that dimension to your face. It is also perfectly fine for blending out the sharp edges.


Since I was having a minor Nars moment I also had in mind a foundation with more of a heavy coverage. Since a lot of people had been raving about the Nars foundations (sheer glow and luminous weightless) for a long time, I thought that I might even try it out. But as I walked to the Too Faced counter, something caught my eye. The Born This Way foundation. I had heard little about it but I was still convinced to try it out on my skin. To my surprise it felt a lot better on my skin than the Nars foundations. I felt like it was soft but it still gave a very good coverage, a better one than the Nars ones. 
A major plus to this foundation is that it is oil-free, which in my case is a life-saver. 
I have been loving it every day since I got it and it is also not as pricy as the Nars foundations. It's pretty much a win-win.





 Hope you enjoyed!